FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- The suspect in the fatal stabbing of a 16-year-old junior at Milford's Jonathan Law High School was identified as the "class clown," according to the New York Post.
Chris Plaskon, 16, was sometimes depressed and may have suffered from attention-deficit disorder but showed no signs of snapping before he stabbed Maren Sanchez in a school hallway Friday morning, the Post said.
Edward Kovac, an Easton man and a cousin of the victim, read a statement from the family mourning the loss of Sanchez and calling for an end to school violence, according to NBC Connecticut. Watch the full video here on the NBC Connecticut website.
Classes are canceled at Jonathan Law High School for Monday, when the suspect is expected to be arraigned on murder charges, according to the Hartford Courant. The suspect, who is charged with murder as a juvenile, was not expected to attend the court proceedings because he is "in a medical facility," the Courant said. Read the full story here.
Read the full story about the suspect here in the New York Post.
- 1 Darien Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Darien, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Pure Barre Opens New Fitness Studio In Darien
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Darien With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 5 Darien-Based Kelly Associates Joins Houlihan Lawrence As Independent