FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- When police arrived at Jonathan Law High School in Milford after a fatal stabbing of a 16-year-old girl Friday, the suspect said, "I did it, just arrest me," the Hartford Courant reported.
Christopher Plaskon, 16, was arraigned Tuesday at an undisclosed medical facility on a charge of murder in the stabbing death of classmate Maren Sanchez, State's Attorney Kevin Lawlor told the Courant. Plaskon, who will be prosecuted in adult court, was held on $3 million bond, the Courant said.
Police have confirmed that they are investigating whether Sanchez rejected a prom invitation from Plaskon.
A trust for the Sanchez family has been established, according to the funeral home. Donations may be sent to the Maren Sanchez Memorial Trust; Victoria J. Koch, trustee; 325 Reef Road, Suite 200, Fairfield, CT 06824.
Read the full story here at the Hartford Courant.
- 1 Darien's Chilton, Halvorsen Make List Of Forbes Billionaires
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Darien
- 3 Darien Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Darien