DARIEN, Conn. -- A $2,400 television was reported stolen from a Darien home that is undergoing renovations, police said.
The theft was reported the morning of Thursday, June 12, by a contractor working on the Stephanie Lane home, police said.
The contractor told police that the 55-inch television had been delivered to the home Monday, June 9, along with a 75-inch television. The 55-inch television was stored in a third-floor attic, while the other television was stored in another location in the house, police said. The contractor told police that he last saw the televisions at noon June 10.
The contractor reported that numerous workers and painters were working on the house, which was unoccupied at the time, police said. Workers had left the house at 6 p.m. June 11 and had locked the doors, but the windows had been left unsecured, according to police reports.
The incident remains under investigation, police said.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 3 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 4 Learn How To Become A Six-Figure Freelancer At The Darien Library
- 5 Patricia Lowman Dailey, 57, Of Darien, Worked In The Fashion Industry