DARIEN, Conn. – Two hand grenades were found in a pile of scrap metal in a Darien man's yard Saturday night, according to police.
The man discovered the grenades around 8 p.m. and immediately called the police and fire department. Police established a perimeter and the Stamford Police Department Bomb Squad came and took possession of the grenades.
The grenades did not appear to be live, police said. The man told police he keeps scrap metal on his property and friends and associates add to it from time to time. When it builds up, he said he trades it in for cash.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Darien
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 5 Everything Is Rosey Event Benefits YWCA Darien/Norwalk