DARIEN, Conn. – Two hand grenades were found in a pile of scrap metal in a Darien man's yard Saturday night, according to police.
The man discovered the grenades around 8 p.m. and immediately called the police and fire department. Police established a perimeter and the Stamford Police Department Bomb Squad came and took possession of the grenades.
The grenades did not appear to be live, police said. The man told police he keeps scrap metal on his property and friends and associates add to it from time to time. When it builds up, he said he trades it in for cash.
- 1 Darien Ranked As State's Best Suburb To Live In
- 2 Three Charged With Attempted Thefts At Darien Stop & Shop
- 3 Cars Catch Fire At Darien High School In Jump Start Gone Wrong
- 4 Court: Dad Charged In Norwalk Baby's Death Spiked Bottle With Alcohol
- 5 Darien's The Goose Celebrates Five-Year Anniversary