DARIEN, Conn. – Two hand grenades were found in a pile of scrap metal in a Darien man's yard Saturday night, according to police.
The man discovered the grenades around 8 p.m. and immediately called the police and fire department. Police established a perimeter and the Stamford Police Department Bomb Squad came and took possession of the grenades.
The grenades did not appear to be live, police said. The man told police he keeps scrap metal on his property and friends and associates add to it from time to time. When it builds up, he said he trades it in for cash.
- 1 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 2 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 3 Darien Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 4 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 5 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy