DARIEN, Conn. – Two hand grenades were found in a pile of scrap metal in a Darien man's yard Saturday night, according to police.
The man discovered the grenades around 8 p.m. and immediately called the police and fire department. Police established a perimeter and the Stamford Police Department Bomb Squad came and took possession of the grenades.
The grenades did not appear to be live, police said. The man told police he keeps scrap metal on his property and friends and associates add to it from time to time. When it builds up, he said he trades it in for cash.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 3 Garden Club Of Darien Celebrates Work To Spruce Up Cherry Lawn Park
- 4 Learn How To Become A Six-Figure Freelancer At The Darien Library
- 5 Open Houses In Darien This Weekend