DARIEN, Conn. – Two hand grenades were found in a pile of scrap metal in a Darien man's yard Saturday night, according to police.
The man discovered the grenades around 8 p.m. and immediately called the police and fire department. Police established a perimeter and the Stamford Police Department Bomb Squad came and took possession of the grenades.
The grenades did not appear to be live, police said. The man told police he keeps scrap metal on his property and friends and associates add to it from time to time. When it builds up, he said he trades it in for cash.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Darien, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Darien Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 3 Darien Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Darien; Blizzard Warning Issued