DARIEN, Conn. – Five cars were broken into while parked at the Darien YMCA on Saturday, according to police reports.
Windows were smashed on all five cars at some point Saturday afternoon, police said. Police were called to the scene at about 4 p.m. that day, after all five burglaries had taken place, according to police reports.
Valuables were stolen from all five cars. The items reported missing included a red purse containing $1,070 in cash, another purse containing $115 and a diamond-studded platinum ring valued at $2,400, and personal documents, a bag of exercise equipment worth approximately $186, a wallet with $40 cash, and various credit cards.
Similar incidents have been reported in public lots in New Canaan and Westport recently, police said. The Darien case is still under investigation.
- 1 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 2 Eversource Repairs Power Outages In Darien
- 3 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Darien
- 4 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 5 Box With $140K In Belongings Stolen From Couple Moving To Darien