DARIEN, Conn. – Five cars were broken into while parked at the Darien YMCA on Saturday, according to police reports.
Windows were smashed on all five cars at some point Saturday afternoon, police said. Police were called to the scene at about 4 p.m. that day, after all five burglaries had taken place, according to police reports.
Valuables were stolen from all five cars. The items reported missing included a red purse containing $1,070 in cash, another purse containing $115 and a diamond-studded platinum ring valued at $2,400, and personal documents, a bag of exercise equipment worth approximately $186, a wallet with $40 cash, and various credit cards.
Similar incidents have been reported in public lots in New Canaan and Westport recently, police said. The Darien case is still under investigation.
- 1 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 2 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 3 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Darien
- 4 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose
- 5 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money