DARIEN, Conn. – A Brooklyn, N.Y., woman was charged with disorderly conduct after throwing a cup of coffee at her husband while driving in Darien, according to police reports.
Officers were called to a parking lot on the Post Road on reports of a fight between a man and a woman at about 8:30 p.m. Friday, police said. They arrived to find a woman standing outside an SUV and arguing with a man inside, police said.
The man in the car told police that the woman, his wife, had promised not to drink on their family trip to Rhode Island. He had gotten off Interstate 95 in Darien to return to their home in Brooklyn after discovering she had alcohol in her coffee, according the police report.
After he pulled off the highway, the woman began slapping him with an open palm and threw her coffee at him, the man told police. The couple’s 14-year-old child was in the back seat at the time, police said.
The woman, a 45-year-old Brooklyn resident, was issued a misdemeanor summons on a charge of disorderly conduct. The couple made arrangements to return to Brooklyn separately, police said.
- 1 Supreme Court: No Immunity For Darien Police In Fatal Raid On Easton Home
- 2 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Darien
- 3 Child's Play: Darien's Royle School Dedicates New Playground
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield