DARIEN, Conn. - Darien's grand list increased $34.5 million for a total value of $8.9 billion as of Oct. 1, 2012. This represents a 0.39 percent increase over the 2011 grand list.
The grand list represents the total assessed values for all real estate, personal property and motor vehicles in Darien as of the beginning of October. The list is compiled by the Tax Assessor's office.
The 10 highest assessed real estate properties are:
- Wee Burn Country Club, 410 Hollow Tree Ridge Road: $36,523,830.
- Darien Financing, LLC, 137 Hollow Tree Ridge Road: $36,191,260.
- Country Club of Darien, 300 Mansfield Ave.: $32,258,450.
- The estate of Helen M. Rivoire, 0 Great Island Road: $22,249,220.
- Woodway Country Club, 412 Hoyt St.: $22,233,610.
- U.B. Darien, 25 Old Kings Highway North: $19,906,740.
- Zoto's International, 90 Tokeneke Road: $18,452,980.
- 9 Old Kings Highway, LLC, 9 Old Kings Highway South: $17,352,860.
- Kevin A. Walsh Trust, et al., 157 Long Neck Point Road: $14,139,720.
- Parklands Office Park, LLC, 1 Parklands Drive: $10,430,000.
The highest assessed motor vehicles in Darien are:
- Ferrari 599 GTB, owned by James B. Lee Jr.: $112,000.
- Maserati Gran Turismo, owned by James D. Bishop Jr.: $98,000.
- Maserati Gran Turismo, owned by Thomas D. Mottola: $98,000.
- Maserati Gran Turismo, owned by Herbert Washer: $98,000.
- Ferrari 612 SCA, owned by Robert A. Minicucci: $95,900.
- Porsche Panamera, owned by John R. Beaver: $95,690.
- Porsche 911, owned by Jeffrey W. Joyce: $94,940.
- Bentley Continental, owned by Robert Dilenschneider: $91,000.
- Aston Martin Rapide, owned by John A. Fichthorn: $87,500.
- Audi R8, owned by Kryzysztof P. Wolyniec: $86,800.
The highest assessed personal properties are:
- Connecticut Light & Power, various locations: $86,832,009.
- Zoto's International, 100 Tokeneke Road: $7,500,000.
- Aquarion Water Company, various locations: $6,228,380.
- Woodway Country Club, 540 Hoyt St.: $4,101,300.
- Yankee Gas Service, various locations: $3,654,070.
- Whole Foods Market, 150 Ledge Road: $2,780,830.
- Country Club of Darien, 300 Mansfield Ave.: $2,223,330.
- Robert Sweeney, 40 Wakemore St.: $1,852,080.
- Wee Burn Country Club, 410 Hollow Tree Ridge Road: $1,559,887.
- Stop & Shop, 148 Heights Road: $1,487,249.
- 1 Darien Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Darien, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Darien With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 4 Darien-Based Kelly Associates Joins Houlihan Lawrence As Independent
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow