DARIEN, Conn. -- The Darien Republican Town Committee is recruiting residents interested in the open position on the town's Zoning Board of Appeals.
"The ZBA’s function is to approve or deny requests for variances and special permits, and issue findings through the public hearing process by determining if the required criteria, as stated in the Zoning Bylaw, have been met," representatives said in a press release. "The selected candidate will be committed to accepting responsibility to protect the quality and distinction of our community. You will identify and handle conflicts of interest, interpret zoning ordinance and types of variances, prepare for meetings based on application guidelines and make difficult decisions that will impact the appearance and character of Darien."
Those interested in "preserving Darien’s uniqueness and keeping it the beautiful coastal community it is, we would welcome the opportunity to meet with you," representatives said.
Interested residents are asked to complete an application found on the RTC website and submit the application to Recruitment Chairs, Malcolm Hall and Dawn Crouch at 203-918-4549, or the RTC Chair James Palen at 917-576-2356.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Darien, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Darien Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Darien With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Darien; Blizzard Warning Issued