DARIEN, Conn. -- The Darien Republican Town Committee is recruiting residents interested in the open position on the town's Zoning Board of Appeals.
"The ZBA’s function is to approve or deny requests for variances and special permits, and issue findings through the public hearing process by determining if the required criteria, as stated in the Zoning Bylaw, have been met," representatives said in a press release. "The selected candidate will be committed to accepting responsibility to protect the quality and distinction of our community. You will identify and handle conflicts of interest, interpret zoning ordinance and types of variances, prepare for meetings based on application guidelines and make difficult decisions that will impact the appearance and character of Darien."
Those interested in "preserving Darien’s uniqueness and keeping it the beautiful coastal community it is, we would welcome the opportunity to meet with you," representatives said.
Interested residents are asked to complete an application found on the RTC website and submit the application to Recruitment Chairs, Malcolm Hall and Dawn Crouch at 203-918-4549, or the RTC Chair James Palen at 917-576-2356.
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 3 Jeanine Pirro's Westchester Home Is Listed At $4.99M
- 4 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 5 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case At Danbury Pet Store