FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Access Connecticut, a group dedicated to restoring the right of adult adoptees born in Connecticut to access their true original birth certificate, is encouraging people to submit testimony in support of a bill that will be up for discussion Friday in the state Legislature.
A public hearing will be held Friday on Raised Bill 5144 – An act Concerning Access to Birth Certificates and Parental Health Information For Adopted Persons. People can submit testimony in support of the bill via email to PHC.Testimony@cga.ct.gov
Before 1975, all adoptees born in Connecticut had the right to obtain their true, original birth certificates. According to Access Connecticut, more than four out of five state residents would support a law allowing adult adoptees to obtain copies of their original birth certificate naming their birth parents.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Darien, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Darien With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 5 Darien Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard