DARIEN, Conn. — Mitt Romney won more votes from Darien voters than Barack Obama in Tuesday's election, according to the registrar of voters office. But Obama has won the state, according to CNN, while votes were still being tallied nationwide.
Romney received 6,220 votes from Darien voters, compared with 3,182 votes for Obama. According to the registrar's office, absentee ballots were still being counted, and final numbers will likely not be available until Wednesday morning.
Independent candidate Rocky Anderson received 11 votes, while Libertarian Gary Johnson received 55 votes.
Stay tuned to The Darien Daily Voice for more coverage of Tuesday's election.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 3 Patricia Lowman Dailey, 57, Of Darien, Worked In The Fashion Industry
- 4 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 5 Sandy Hook Students Safe After Evacuation Due To Bomb Threat