DARIEN, Conn. — Mitt Romney won more votes from Darien voters than Barack Obama in Tuesday's election, according to the registrar of voters office. But Obama has won the state, according to CNN, while votes were still being tallied nationwide.
Romney received 6,220 votes from Darien voters, compared with 3,182 votes for Obama. According to the registrar's office, absentee ballots were still being counted, and final numbers will likely not be available until Wednesday morning.
Independent candidate Rocky Anderson received 11 votes, while Libertarian Gary Johnson received 55 votes.
Stay tuned to The Darien Daily Voice for more coverage of Tuesday's election.
- 1 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 2 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 3 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 4 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 5 Darien Lobsterman Calls For End To Pesticide Use To Restore The Industry