NORWALK, Conn. -- State Sen. Bob Duff (D-Norwalk) joined with Norwalk Mayor Harry Rilling, Police Chief Tom Kulhawik and Fire Chief Denis McCarthy to present seven local charities with the proceeds raised from a Holiday Open House at the senator’s home last month.
A total of $13,850 was raised to benefit the Norwalk Police Activities League, the Norwalk Fire Victims Fund, Norwalk Reads!, The Children's Connection, George Washington Carver Community Center, Person-to-Person, and the St. Vincent de Paul Society of Norwalk.
“I was delighted to see so many people turn out for last month’s holiday event at my home, and overwhelmed by the generosity of those who gave to support our local organizations," Duff said in a statement. "These gifts will help those groups to continue their good work in our community. It’s a real show of support from the people of Norwalk for their fellow city residents."
- 1 Supreme Court: No Immunity For Darien Police In Fatal Raid On Easton Home
- 2 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Darien
- 3 Child's Play: Darien's Royle School Dedicates New Playground
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 YWCA Darien/Norwalk Honors Rucquoi As Woman Of Distinction