FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – New Canaan, Darien, Westport and Greenwich made the top 10 list for number of foreclosures of properties worth more than $1 million in the U.S. in the first nine months of 2012, the Wall Street Journal reported.
New Canaan ranked No. 1 nationwide on the Wall Street Journal’s recent luxury real estate study with 25 foreclosures from January to October, 2012.
Darien and Westport were tied at fourth with 17 foreclosures each and Greenwich was seventh with 12 foreclosures in the last year.
More than 2,000 million-dollar homes went to foreclosure between January and October 2012, the report says, but that’s down 50 percent since 2010.
Read the rest of the Wall Street Journal story.
- 1 Police: Darien Husband Beat Up 21-Year-Old Hitting On His Wife
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Darien Couple Tackles New York City Marathon For Norwalk Charity
- 4 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Darien
- 5 Pair Charged With Using Fake $100 Bills At Darien Shops