FAIRFIELD COUNTY, N.Y. -- Connecituct was recently ranked 13th in the nation for school systems quality by personal finance social network WalletHub.
WalletHub measured each state in 12 key metrics and broke them into two categories: School System Rank and Education Output and Safety.
The Nutmeg State performed well in the School System Rank category, ranking 11th overall, but was ranked 38th in Output and Safety.
Fellow New England States Massachusetts and Vermont out performed Connecticut, ranking second and third, respectively.
Neighbors New York (20th) and Rhode Island (31st) placed behind Connecticut.
The bottom four states in the rankings were Nevada, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, followed by Washington, D.C.
- 1 Car Stolen From Darien Driveway, Suspicious Men Seen In Area
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 4 Crash Cleared From I-95 Northbound In Norwalk
- 5 Severe Thunderstorm Watch Is In Effect In Darien