FAIRFIELD COUNTY, N.Y. -- Connecituct was recently ranked 13th in the nation for school systems quality by personal finance social network WalletHub.
WalletHub measured each state in 12 key metrics and broke them into two categories: School System Rank and Education Output and Safety.
The Nutmeg State performed well in the School System Rank category, ranking 11th overall, but was ranked 38th in Output and Safety.
Fellow New England States Massachusetts and Vermont out performed Connecticut, ranking second and third, respectively.
Neighbors New York (20th) and Rhode Island (31st) placed behind Connecticut.
The bottom four states in the rankings were Nevada, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, followed by Washington, D.C.
- 1 Death Of Fairfield Man Found On Island Off Westport Ruled Suicide
- 2 Missing Fairfield Boater Found Dead On Westport Island
- 3 Darien Police: Ring's End Employee Charged $4,000 To Company Card
- 4 Norwalk Police Join Search Of Long Island Sound For Missing Boater
- 5 Norwalk Man Pleads Guilty To Vehicular Homicide In I-95 Crash