DARIEN, Conn. -- Five fifth-grade students from the Darien schools received awards for their participation in the Daughters of the American Revolution Essay Contest
This year's topic was “The Lives of Children During the American Revolution.”
Katherine McNamara from Royle School was named the winner. Marina Stefanoni from Hindley School took second place and Lindsay Smith from Ox Ridge School was named the third place winner. Ian Holly of Tokeneke School and Anna Clements of Royle School were honorable mention honorees.
McNamara's essay will be sent to the Connecticut State Daughters of the American Revolution chairperson and will be entered in the Connecticut State competition. The judging of the competition will take place later this spring.
- 1 Darien Teen, 18, Charged With Fighting Mother Over Toenail
- 2 New York Man Charged With Fighting At Darien Bar
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Darien Town Administrator To Step Down, Head Housing Agency