DARIEN, Conn. -- Five fifth-grade students from the Darien schools received awards for their participation in the Daughters of the American Revolution Essay Contest
This year's topic was “The Lives of Children During the American Revolution.”
Katherine McNamara from Royle School was named the winner. Marina Stefanoni from Hindley School took second place and Lindsay Smith from Ox Ridge School was named the third place winner. Ian Holly of Tokeneke School and Anna Clements of Royle School were honorable mention honorees.
McNamara's essay will be sent to the Connecticut State Daughters of the American Revolution chairperson and will be entered in the Connecticut State competition. The judging of the competition will take place later this spring.
- 1 Supreme Court: No Immunity For Darien Police In Fatal Raid On Easton Home
- 2 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Darien
- 3 Child's Play: Darien's Royle School Dedicates New Playground
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield