DARIEN, Conn. -- Darien High School was ranked the fourth-best public high school in Connecticut by education research website Niche, partially due to its teachers and academics.
Niche ranked high schools across the nation on a set of six weighted criteria that included:
- Health and safety
- Student culture and diversity
- Survey responses
- Teachers grade
- Resources and facilities
- Sports and fitness
Darien High excelled in nearly every category, earning an A+ rating in academics, health and safety as well as teachers grade. The school of 1,313 students only lagged in culture and diversity with a grade of C-.
In addition, Darien High boasted a 97 percent graduation rate, well above the national average of 81 percent.
Darien High also ranked above the national averages in SAT scores at 1,920) and ACT scores at 29.
Weston High School took home the top spot in the rankings.
Fairfield County was well represented throughout the list, especially at the top, boasting seven schools in the Top 10:
- No. 1: Weston High School
- No. 2: New Canaan High School
- No. 3: Staples High School
- No. 4: Darien High School
- No. 5: Simsbury High School
- No. 6: Ridgefield High School
- No. 7: Wilton High School
- No. 8: Greenwich High School
- No. 9: Glastonbury High School
- No. 10: Amity Regional High School
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.