DARIEN, Conn. -- Darien High School music students Melanie Turner and Matthew Hayes have been picked to participate in the National Association for Music Education’s 2013 National Honors Choir from Oct. 27 to Oct. 30 in Nashville, Tenn.
Both Melanie (soprano) and Matthew (bass) are members of the high school's Tudor Singers and have been members of the Connecticut Western Region and All-State Choruses the past few years.
The National Honors Choir is made up of musicians from throughout the U.S. The concert will be at the Gaylord Opryland Resort in Nashville.
Both students are juniors and study voice privately with Kathryn Amyotte in addition to their choral work at the high school.
“This is one of the highest achievements that can be attained by high school musicians and we are very fortunate to have two outstanding, accomplished, students representing Darien and the state of Connecticut at this prestigious even," said Christopher Andrade, the school's choral director. "We are all extremely proud of their accomplishments.”
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 3 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Darien
- 5 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose