DARIEN, Conn. - The students of Royle School in Darien took spring cleaning to heart this year to "Fill-A-Truck" with gently used clothing, shoes and bedding for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southwestern Connecticut.
In return, the mentoring organization will give the school $500 to pay for the 10 scholarships Royle School is sponsoring for children in Nicaragua as part of the Norwalk/Nagarote Sister City Project.
The scholarships provide books, uniforms and supplies so that these children have an opportunity to attend school.
This service project will be integrated with the Spanish Program at Royle, as students will become pen-pals with the scholarship recipients.
- 1 Darien Teen Charged With Fighting Mother Over Toenail
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 5 Three Darien High School Divers Named Among Top 100 In Nation