DARIEN, Conn. - The students of Royle School in Darien took spring cleaning to heart this year to "Fill-A-Truck" with gently used clothing, shoes and bedding for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southwestern Connecticut.
In return, the mentoring organization will give the school $500 to pay for the 10 scholarships Royle School is sponsoring for children in Nicaragua as part of the Norwalk/Nagarote Sister City Project.
The scholarships provide books, uniforms and supplies so that these children have an opportunity to attend school.
This service project will be integrated with the Spanish Program at Royle, as students will become pen-pals with the scholarship recipients.
- 1 Woman Struck, Killed By Metro-North Train Near South Norwalk Station
- 2 Thousands Charged To Credit Cards Stolen At Restaurant In Darien
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Canceled For Northern Fairfield County
- 4 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 5 Happy Birthday To Darien’s Chloë Sevigny