DARIEN, Conn. - The students of Royle School in Darien took spring cleaning to heart this year to "Fill-A-Truck" with gently used clothing, shoes and bedding for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southwestern Connecticut.
In return, the mentoring organization will give the school $500 to pay for the 10 scholarships Royle School is sponsoring for children in Nicaragua as part of the Norwalk/Nagarote Sister City Project.
The scholarships provide books, uniforms and supplies so that these children have an opportunity to attend school.
This service project will be integrated with the Spanish Program at Royle, as students will become pen-pals with the scholarship recipients.
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 3 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 4 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 5 Darien, Check Out The Blue Moon Friday Night