DARIEN, Conn. - The students of Royle School in Darien took spring cleaning to heart this year to "Fill-A-Truck" with gently used clothing, shoes and bedding for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southwestern Connecticut.
In return, the mentoring organization will give the school $500 to pay for the 10 scholarships Royle School is sponsoring for children in Nicaragua as part of the Norwalk/Nagarote Sister City Project.
The scholarships provide books, uniforms and supplies so that these children have an opportunity to attend school.
This service project will be integrated with the Spanish Program at Royle, as students will become pen-pals with the scholarship recipients.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Pair Charged With Using Fake $100 Bills At Darien Shops
- 3 Darien Academic Advisors Seek To Match Students To Schools
- 4 Darien's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Missing Connecticut Teens