DARIEN, Conn. — Young Darien composers can submit their work to be played at the 13th annual Darien Young Composers Concert at the high school this spring. The concert will feature work of student composers from elementary, middle school and high school levels.
Student composers whose work is selected will also have the opportunity to have their compositions reviewed by a professional guest composer. Students will meet with the composer in a special workshop to discuss the creative process of music composition and opportunities for professional composers. During the school year, teachers engage their students in composing activities as part of the curriculum and encourage students to participate in this opportunity.
Compositions must be submitted on a CD or DVD along with an application form to a music teacher no later than March 8. Forms can be picked up from music teachers, on the schools’ music website and on the Music Department’s blog or by calling 203-655-3981, Ext. 2250.
Students whose work is selected will be notified by March 18. The concert will be held Thursday, April 11, at 7:30 p.m. at Darien High School.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Garden Club Of Darien Celebrates Work To Spruce Up Cherry Lawn Park
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 NY Times Columnist Slams Greenwich In 'The Show-Off Society'
- 5 Learn How To Become A Six-Figure Freelancer At The Darien Library