DARIEN, Conn. -- Darien's Royle Elementary School has named a former Greenwich and Stamford educator as its new interim principal on Tuesday, July 29, according to the Stamford Advocate.
John Grasso served as the assistant principal at Greenwich's Riverside School from 1994 to 2000, when he was appointed the school's principal. He served in that capacity until retiring 2012, the Stamford Advocate reported.
Royle has been without a principal since July 1, when Keith Margolus began a new position at Branchville Elementary School in Ridgefield, the Stamford Advocate said.
Grasso started his career as a fifth-grade teacher at Rogers International School in Stamford, the Advocate said. He also worked at Westover Magnet School and Roxbury Elementary School in Stamford until moving to a job in Greenwich, the Advocate said.
- 1 New Speed Change Lanes Open On I-95 In Norwalk
- 2 Fairfield County's Setti Family Now Stars After Christmas Reality Show Win
- 3 Darien Teen Completes Wyoming Backpacking Adventure Course
- 4 Fog, Soaking Rain, Strong Winds In Store For Darien Holiday Travelers
- 5 Fairfield County Foodie Shares Her Top Dishes Of 2014