DARIEN, Conn. -- Darien lacrosse standout Dillon Schoen was recently profiled by The Ruden Report for her outstanding performance on the field, and also for her choice to take her talents to a less established collegiate program that is only just starting to excel.
Schoen will play for Stanford University next year, a school that only recently enjoyed its first NCAA tournament win, when she could have chosen a more prominent school like Duke, the Ruden Report said.
Schoen explained that the prestige of the lacrosse program was not her only deciding factor, however. When deciding between Duke, Stanford and Princeton, the school had to have the right balance of academics and athletics. For Schoen, Stanford was the right fit, according to the Ruden Report.
- 1 Car Stolen From Darien Driveway, Suspicious Men Seen In Area
- 2 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 3 Darien, Celebrate Memorial Day With Local Parades
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich