DARIEN, Conn. -- Darien lacrosse standout Dillon Schoen was recently profiled by The Ruden Report for her outstanding performance on the field, and also for her choice to take her talents to a less established collegiate program that is only just starting to excel.
Schoen will play for Stanford University next year, a school that only recently enjoyed its first NCAA tournament win, when she could have chosen a more prominent school like Duke, the Ruden Report said.
Schoen explained that the prestige of the lacrosse program was not her only deciding factor, however. When deciding between Duke, Stanford and Princeton, the school had to have the right balance of academics and athletics. For Schoen, Stanford was the right fit, according to the Ruden Report.
- 1 Supreme Court: No Immunity For Darien Police In Fatal Raid On Easton Home
- 2 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl
- 3 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Darien
- 4 Child's Play: Darien's Royle School Dedicates New Playground
- 5 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed