DARIEN, Conn. -- Darien lacrosse standout Dillon Schoen was recently profiled by The Ruden Report for her outstanding performance on the field, and also for her choice to take her talents to a less established collegiate program that is only just starting to excel.
Schoen will play for Stanford University next year, a school that only recently enjoyed its first NCAA tournament win, when she could have chosen a more prominent school like Duke, the Ruden Report said.
Schoen explained that the prestige of the lacrosse program was not her only deciding factor, however. When deciding between Duke, Stanford and Princeton, the school had to have the right balance of academics and athletics. For Schoen, Stanford was the right fit, according to the Ruden Report.
- 1 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint
- 2 Report Says 7 Arrests Were Made At Darien Schools In 2013
- 3 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 4 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 5 Police: NYC Man, 65, Made Harassing Phone Calls To Darien Teen Girl