DARIEN, Conn. — Darien football coach Rob Trifone will speak Saturday at a webcast of the 26th NFL-sanctioned Super Bowl Breakfast. The event will be held at 9:30 a.m. at the Darien Library.
The Super Bowl Breakfast, which has never previously been broadcast or webcast, is an annual event hosted by Athletes in Action. It features the presentation of the Bart Starr Award, which is voted on by NFL players and recognizes a player for outstanding character and leadership in the home, on the field and in the community. This year's honoree is Dallas Cowboys tight end Jason Witten.
The free viewing at the library will be hosted by the New Canaan Society, Fellowship of Christian Athletes and Young Life of Darien/Rowayton. Trifone will offer his perspective on the importance of character for athletes. Parents and coaches are encouraged to bring young athletes to reinforce the importance of character and commitment to family, teammates and the community.
The cafe at the Darien Library will be open so breakfast food and beverages can be purchased.
- 1 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 4 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 5 Darien Lobsterman Calls For End To Pesticide Use To Restore The Industry