DARIEN, Conn. -- Three seniors from last season’s Darien High School football team have committed to continue playing at the college level.
Silas Wyper, starting quarterback for the 2013 Blue Wave, will enroll at Middlebury College in Vermont in the fall. Daly Hebert, the record-setting kicker and punter, will play at St. Lawrence University in Canton, N.Y. Andrew Nault, a starting linebacker, will take his talents to Endicott College in Massachusetts.
“We’re very proud of how many of our players continue their careers in college,” coach Rob Trifone said. “These three players will represent Darien High School well and I hope be an inspiration for others to do the same.”
Hebert was named to the all Fairfield County Interscholastic Athletic Conference first team while Wyper was named to the second team and Nault received an honorable mention. Wyper was also named the FCIAC player of the year.
All three were part of a senior class the exceeded all expectations by finishing 12-2 for the season and making it to the CIAC Class L finals.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 3 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 4 Learn How To Become A Six-Figure Freelancer At The Darien Library
- 5 Patricia Lowman Dailey, 57, Of Darien, Worked In The Fashion Industry