DARIEN, Conn. -- Darien High School was named one of Connecticut’s “Fab Five” preseason football teams by Max Preps.
Darien ranked fifth on the Max Preps' list, which listed Southington as the top team in the state. Hand of Madison ranked second followed by Ansonia and Fairfield Prep.
Darien went 12-2 last season but expects to have strong offensive and defensive lines led by George Reed, Mark Evanchick, Jack Tyrrel and Jack Griffiths.
Darien opens its season on Sept. 12 at Hillhouse in New Haven. The complete Darien football schedule is on the Max Preps website.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 2 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 3 Three Charged With Stealing Copper, Doorknobs From Darien Home
- 4 Snow Could Return To Darien For Monday Morning Commute
- 5 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach