DARIEN, Conn. -- Darien High School was named one of Connecticut’s “Fab Five” preseason football teams by Max Preps.
Darien ranked fifth on the Max Preps' list, which listed Southington as the top team in the state. Hand of Madison ranked second followed by Ansonia and Fairfield Prep.
Darien went 12-2 last season but expects to have strong offensive and defensive lines led by George Reed, Mark Evanchick, Jack Tyrrel and Jack Griffiths.
Darien opens its season on Sept. 12 at Hillhouse in New Haven. The complete Darien football schedule is on the Max Preps website.
- 1 Darien Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Darien, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Pure Barre Opens New Fitness Studio In Darien
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Darien With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 5 Darien-Based Kelly Associates Joins Houlihan Lawrence As Independent