DARIEN, Conn. -- Darien High School was named one of Connecticut’s “Fab Five” preseason football teams by Max Preps.
Darien ranked fifth on the Max Preps' list, which listed Southington as the top team in the state. Hand of Madison ranked second followed by Ansonia and Fairfield Prep.
Darien went 12-2 last season but expects to have strong offensive and defensive lines led by George Reed, Mark Evanchick, Jack Tyrrel and Jack Griffiths.
Darien opens its season on Sept. 12 at Hillhouse in New Haven. The complete Darien football schedule is on the Max Preps website.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Three Darien High School Divers Named Among Top 100 In Nation
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Heavy Rain Headed To Darien, Thunderstorms Possible