DARIEN, Conn. -- Darien High School was named one of Connecticut’s “Fab Five” preseason football teams by Max Preps.
Darien ranked fifth on the Max Preps' list, which listed Southington as the top team in the state. Hand of Madison ranked second followed by Ansonia and Fairfield Prep.
Darien went 12-2 last season but expects to have strong offensive and defensive lines led by George Reed, Mark Evanchick, Jack Tyrrel and Jack Griffiths.
Darien opens its season on Sept. 12 at Hillhouse in New Haven. The complete Darien football schedule is on the Max Preps website.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Pair Charged With Using Fake $100 Bills At Darien Shops
- 3 Darien Couple Tackles New York City Marathon For Norwalk Charity
- 4 Darien's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Darien Academic Advisors Seek To Match Students To Schools