DARIEN, Conn. -- Darien High School was named one of Connecticut’s “Fab Five” preseason football teams by Max Preps.
Darien ranked fifth on the Max Preps' list, which listed Southington as the top team in the state. Hand of Madison ranked second followed by Ansonia and Fairfield Prep.
Darien went 12-2 last season but expects to have strong offensive and defensive lines led by George Reed, Mark Evanchick, Jack Tyrrel and Jack Griffiths.
Darien opens its season on Sept. 12 at Hillhouse in New Haven. The complete Darien football schedule is on the Max Preps website.
- 1 Yale-New Haven Hospital Admits Patient With Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 2 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Darien Skies Sunday
- 3 Connecticut Prepares After Yale Student Shows Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 4 Darien Native Joins Greenwich Police Force
- 5 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street