DARIEN, Conn. — The Blue Wave Booster Club dedicated the opening of the new fitness center at Darien High School.
Members of the Booster Club's board presented a plaque to Athletic Director Michael Sullivan and Fitness Coordinator Nick Demaio during a boys basketball game against Staples High School. The plaque will be displayed outside the newly refurbished fitness center.
The Booster Club led a fundraising campaign that brought in $175,000 in donations from the community. Upgrades to the fitness center, which is used by nearly all sports teams, include new aerobic and weightlifting equipment, as well as new mirrors, doors and rubber floors. A storage space and a health classroom were combined to create a new team room, where coaches can bring teams for specific training.
- 1 Police: Darien Husband Beat Up 21-Year-Old Hitting On His Wife
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Pair Charged With Using Fake $100 Bills At Darien Shops
- 4 Darien Couple Tackles New York City Marathon For Norwalk Charity
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Darien