DARIEN, Conn. — The Blue Wave Booster Club dedicated the opening of the new fitness center at Darien High School.
Members of the Booster Club's board presented a plaque to Athletic Director Michael Sullivan and Fitness Coordinator Nick Demaio during a boys basketball game against Staples High School. The plaque will be displayed outside the newly refurbished fitness center.
The Booster Club led a fundraising campaign that brought in $175,000 in donations from the community. Upgrades to the fitness center, which is used by nearly all sports teams, include new aerobic and weightlifting equipment, as well as new mirrors, doors and rubber floors. A storage space and a health classroom were combined to create a new team room, where coaches can bring teams for specific training.
- 1 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 2 Darien Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 3 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy
- 4 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 5 Darien Businesswoman Applauds 40 Years Of WoodenBoat Magazine