DARIEN, Conn. — The Blue Wave Booster Club dedicated the opening of the new fitness center at Darien High School.
Members of the Booster Club's board presented a plaque to Athletic Director Michael Sullivan and Fitness Coordinator Nick Demaio during a boys basketball game against Staples High School. The plaque will be displayed outside the newly refurbished fitness center.
The Booster Club led a fundraising campaign that brought in $175,000 in donations from the community. Upgrades to the fitness center, which is used by nearly all sports teams, include new aerobic and weightlifting equipment, as well as new mirrors, doors and rubber floors. A storage space and a health classroom were combined to create a new team room, where coaches can bring teams for specific training.
- 1 Darien Ranked As State's Best Suburb To Live In
- 2 Three Charged With Attempted Thefts At Darien Stop & Shop
- 3 Cars Catch Fire At Darien High School In Jump Start Gone Wrong
- 4 Court: Dad Charged In Norwalk Baby's Death Spiked Bottle With Alcohol
- 5 Darien's The Goose Celebrates Five-Year Anniversary