DARIEN, Conn. - Darien field hockey players presented Stamford Hospital's Women's Breast Center with $5,717.34 raised during "Play for the Cure" week in October.
The annual event was held Oct. 6 through 13 and raised awareness for screening and early detection of breast cancer. More than 1,000 youth and high school field hockey players across Fairfield County donned pink shirts and ribbons and held bake sales, shirt sales and other events to raise money for local cancer centers.
More than $13,000 was raised during the course of the week.
- 1 Darien Man Charged With Assaulting, Strangling Wife In Stamford
- 2 Red Flag Warning Issued For Fairfield County
- 3 House Speaker John Boehner Drops By The Goose In Darien
- 4 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into Darien
- 5 Teen Takes Responsibility For 2008 Death Of 13-Year-Old Wilton Bicyclist