DARIEN, Conn. - Darien field hockey players presented Stamford Hospital's Women's Breast Center with $5,717.34 raised during "Play for the Cure" week in October.
The annual event was held Oct. 6 through 13 and raised awareness for screening and early detection of breast cancer. More than 1,000 youth and high school field hockey players across Fairfield County donned pink shirts and ribbons and held bake sales, shirt sales and other events to raise money for local cancer centers.
More than $13,000 was raised during the course of the week.
- 1 Police: Darien Husband Beat Up 21-Year-Old Hitting On His Wife
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Pair Charged With Using Fake $100 Bills At Darien Shops
- 4 Darien Couple Tackles New York City Marathon For Norwalk Charity
- 5 Darien's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend