DARIEN, Conn. - Darien field hockey players presented Stamford Hospital's Women's Breast Center with $5,717.34 raised during "Play for the Cure" week in October.
The annual event was held Oct. 6 through 13 and raised awareness for screening and early detection of breast cancer. More than 1,000 youth and high school field hockey players across Fairfield County donned pink shirts and ribbons and held bake sales, shirt sales and other events to raise money for local cancer centers.
More than $13,000 was raised during the course of the week.
- 1 Darien Goalie Takes North Carolina To NCAA Women's Final Four
- 2 Population Grows In Darien, All Of Fairfield County
- 3 Obama Departs From Westchester After Attending Stamford Event
- 4 Darien Names Navy Vet Chris Pintauro As Memorial Day Speaker
- 5 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens