DARIEN, Conn. - Darien field hockey players presented Stamford Hospital's Women's Breast Center with $5,717.34 raised during "Play for the Cure" week in October.
The annual event was held Oct. 6 through 13 and raised awareness for screening and early detection of breast cancer. More than 1,000 youth and high school field hockey players across Fairfield County donned pink shirts and ribbons and held bake sales, shirt sales and other events to raise money for local cancer centers.
More than $13,000 was raised during the course of the week.
- 1 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 2 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Darien
- 3 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose
- 4 Darien Teen Charged With Possession Of Alcohol At Fireworks
- 5 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money