DARIEN, Conn. - Darien field hockey players presented Stamford Hospital's Women's Breast Center with $5,717.34 raised during "Play for the Cure" week in October.
The annual event was held Oct. 6 through 13 and raised awareness for screening and early detection of breast cancer. More than 1,000 youth and high school field hockey players across Fairfield County donned pink shirts and ribbons and held bake sales, shirt sales and other events to raise money for local cancer centers.
More than $13,000 was raised during the course of the week.
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 3 Eversource Repairs Power Outages In Darien
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Darien
- 5 Box With $140K In Belongings Stolen From Couple Moving To Darien