DARIEN, Conn. - Darien field hockey players presented Stamford Hospital's Women's Breast Center with $5,717.34 raised during "Play for the Cure" week in October.
The annual event was held Oct. 6 through 13 and raised awareness for screening and early detection of breast cancer. More than 1,000 youth and high school field hockey players across Fairfield County donned pink shirts and ribbons and held bake sales, shirt sales and other events to raise money for local cancer centers.
More than $13,000 was raised during the course of the week.
- 1 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint
- 2 Report Says 7 Arrests Were Made At Darien Schools In 2013
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 5 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield