DARIEN, Conn. -- Equinox Darien and Competitive Edge recently hosted a panel featuring athletes and coaches discussing the myths and realities of the college recruiting process.
The Feb. 6 panel included recruiters and coaches sharing tips for athletes to leverage their competitive edge with academic achievements to have more options in the college recruiting process.
Panelists included Lee Jones, moderator; Kevin Rusch, owner of Competitive Edge; Eric Pellini, assistant track coach at New Canaan High School; Rob Trifone, head football coach at Darien High School; Marj Trifone, head girls swimming coach at Darien High School; and Courtney Bennett, former Darien High School lacrosse player.
"The discussion covered various topics on both the recruitment process and college athletics including planning for admissions, understanding the recruiting process, requisite athletic and academic strategies, how to express interest to a school to get on their radar, when to start contacting coaches, the best way to get exposure as an athlete to your top college choices, nutrition for top performance to showcase athletic abilities to gain exposure and the latest NCAA regulations," a press release said.
- 1 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 2 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Darien
- 3 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose
- 4 Darien Teen Charged With Possession Of Alcohol At Fireworks
- 5 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money