DANBURY, Conn. – The site for a Danbury race in March to support families affected by the shootings in Newtown has been changed.
The Sandy Hook Run for the Families March 23 will be in downtown Danbury.
The race had been scheduled for the Westside campus of Western Connecticut State University. The site was changed Thursday to give more runners an opportunity to participate. A release said the new site will allow for 10,000 participants.
The race includes a 5k run and a fun run for kids. The race is being organized by the Hartford Marathon Foundation.
- 1 Darien Hockey Player Draws Interest Of NHL Scouts
- 2 Darien High School Ranked Fourth-Best In Connecticut
- 3 Darien Home To 5 Of The 25 Best Elementary Schools In The State
- 4 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 5 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Darien; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely