DANBURY, Conn. – The site for a Danbury race in March to support families affected by the shootings in Newtown has been changed.
The Sandy Hook Run for the Families March 23 will be in downtown Danbury.
The race had been scheduled for the Westside campus of Western Connecticut State University. The site was changed Thursday to give more runners an opportunity to participate. A release said the new site will allow for 10,000 participants.
The race includes a 5k run and a fun run for kids. The race is being organized by the Hartford Marathon Foundation.
- 1 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 2 Darien Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 3 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 4 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 5 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy