DANBURY, Conn. – The site for a Danbury race in March to support families affected by the shootings in Newtown has been changed.
The Sandy Hook Run for the Families March 23 will be in downtown Danbury.
The race had been scheduled for the Westside campus of Western Connecticut State University. The site was changed Thursday to give more runners an opportunity to participate. A release said the new site will allow for 10,000 participants.
The race includes a 5k run and a fun run for kids. The race is being organized by the Hartford Marathon Foundation.
- 1 Police: Darien Husband Beat Up 21-Year-Old Hitting On His Wife
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Pair Charged With Using Fake $100 Bills At Darien Shops
- 4 Darien Couple Tackles New York City Marathon For Norwalk Charity
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Darien