DANBURY, Conn. – The site for a Danbury race in March to support families affected by the shootings in Newtown has been changed.
The Sandy Hook Run for the Families March 23 will be in downtown Danbury.
The race had been scheduled for the Westside campus of Western Connecticut State University. The site was changed Thursday to give more runners an opportunity to participate. A release said the new site will allow for 10,000 participants.
The race includes a 5k run and a fun run for kids. The race is being organized by the Hartford Marathon Foundation.
- 1 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint
- 2 Report Says 7 Arrests Were Made At Darien Schools In 2013
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 Chance Of Snow Returns To Darien Overnight
- 5 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield