DANBURY, Conn. – The site for a Danbury race in March to support families affected by the shootings in Newtown has been changed.
The Sandy Hook Run for the Families March 23 will be in downtown Danbury.
The race had been scheduled for the Westside campus of Western Connecticut State University. The site was changed Thursday to give more runners an opportunity to participate. A release said the new site will allow for 10,000 participants.
The race includes a 5k run and a fun run for kids. The race is being organized by the Hartford Marathon Foundation.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 3 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Darien
- 5 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose