Contact Us
Darien Daily Voice serves Darien, CT
Return to your home site

Menu

Darien Daily Voice serves Darien, CT

Nearby Towns

Jim Barg

Curator

Jim Barg's Contributions

  1. CDC Says Contact Lens Wearers Doing It Wrong

    CDC Says Contact Lens Wearers Doing It Wrong

    FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Just about every single wearer of contact lenses is doing it wrong, according to numbers from a new Centers for Disease Control (CDC) poll. 99 percent of wearers polled admitted to engaging in practices that could lead to eye infections and redness, and a third of responders mentioned going to the doctor because of redness or infection. The most frequent ...

  2. America's Largest Movie Theater Chain Changes Bag Search Policy

    America's Largest Movie Theater Chain Changes Bag Search Policy

    FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – America's largest movie theater chain will begin to search bags as patrons enter their theater lobbies, according to the Christian Science Monitor. In light of recent shootings in Louisiana and Tennessee, Regal Cinemas has begun to enforce their bag-search policy. The move is part of an increased push to increase safety measures in light of recent ...

  3. Darien Could See Afternoon, Evening Storms Sunday

    Darien Could See Afternoon, Evening Storms Sunday

    FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Fairfield County likely won't see much sun on Sunday, as the National Weather Service forecast has rain impacting parts of the area. The storms will probably hit after noon nine, as the forecast sets the chances of precipitation at 30 percent. Rain is in the forecast straight through Tuesday night according to the National Weather Service. Daytime highs will ...

  4. Hurricane Danny Is Heading West Toward Puerto Rico

    Hurricane Danny Is Heading West Toward Puerto Rico

    FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – The first hurricane of the season is headed towards Puerto Rico, according to CNN. Hurricane Danny was upgraded from a tropical storm on Thursday morning, with winds averaging 80 miles per hour. This year's hurricane season has been a quiet one, with only three named storms and none turning into a Category 1 hurricane until now due to the El Nino effect, CNN ...

  5. Hillary Clinton Could Get 20 Years In Prison For Email Scandal, Trump Says

    Hillary Clinton Could Get 20 Years In Prison For Email Scandal, Trump Says

    FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, whose Greenwich estate is on the market, said that Chappaqua's Hillary Clinton could get "20 years in prison" for her email scandal in an interview given to the MSNBC, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Trump uses the example of Gen. David Petraeus, who resigned as CIA director after emails came to light of an ...

  6. Rosie O'Donnell's Daughter Was At Heroin Dealer's Home, Says Report

    Rosie O'Donnell's Daughter Was At Heroin Dealer's Home, Says Report

    NYACK, N.Y. -- Chelsea O'Donnell was staying at a heroin dealer's house when she was found on Tuesday night, her mother, actress/comedian Rosie O'Donnell, announced on Twitter. Chelsea, 17, had been missing from their home in Nyack, just over the Tappan Zee Bridge in Rockland County, for a week. The Jersey Shore location she was found in belonged to Steve Sheerer, a 25-year-old who ...

  7. Darien Could See Round Of Thunderstorms

    Darien Could See Round Of Thunderstorms

    FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Fairfield County will be dealing with thunderstorms over the next few days. While the National Weather Service forecast for rain ranges between 20 and 30 percent Wednesday and Thursday, with a much higher chance on Friday. The odds for rain on Friday are 70 percent, with thunderstorms likely. Forecasts are predicting anywhere between one-half to ...

  8. Connecticut Woman Becomes One Of The First Female Army Rangers

    Connecticut Woman Becomes One Of The First Female Army Rangers

    BRIDGEPORT, Conn. – One of the first two women to pass the Army's Ranger School training program is a Connecticut native, according to the Stamford Advocate. Kristen Griest, of Orange, passed the program along with Shaye Haver of Texas. Ranger training takes place over 62 days, and features three stages at Fort Benning in Georgia, in the Appalachian mountains, and in the swamps of ...

  9. Leo Cochrane, 51, Darien High School Graduate

    Leo Cochrane, 51, Darien High School Graduate

    NORWALK, Conn. – Laurence Victor (Leo) Cochrane II, of Norwalk, died on Monday, Aug. 10, at his home. He was 51.He was born in Baltimore to Hugh and Alice Cochrane, moving with the family from Pittsburgh to Darien in 1974.Cochrane graduated from Darien High School and the University of Virginia, working as the northeast fleet manager for Enterprise Rent A Car and the director of ...

  10. Comedian Paul Reiser Headlining Darien Foundation Annual Fundraising Party

    Comedian Paul Reiser Headlining Darien Foundation Annual Fundraising Party

    DARIEN, Conn. – The Darien Foundation for Technology & Community will hold its annual fundraising event on Saturday, Sept. 12, with comedian Paul Reiser as the headlining act. All proceeds of the event will go towards the Foundation's goals of helping to fund both technology and community initiatives. The event will feature hors d’oeuvres, open bar and a live auction. The ...

  11. Prev Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 Next
    1 - 10 of 69 articles

Welcome to

Darien Daily Voice!

Hi! You've read our articles so we know you like our reporting. To keep reading please join our mailing list.

Get important news about your town as it happens.