DARIEN, Conn. -- The Darien Library will host no cost, full service AARP/IRS Volunteer Tax Assistance Program, with special attention to seniors and low to moderate income households every Friday starting Feb. 6.
Either walk-in or appointments are available from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Appointments may be made by calling 203-669-5257.
If married, both husband and wife should be present.
Certain forms and personal and financial documents are required. Taxpayers must bring the following:
- Identity documentation
- Government issued photo ID
- Social Security or ITIN numbers for all taxpayers and dependents
- Bank account/routing numbers (blank check preferable), if expecting a refund
- SSA1099 if you were paid Social Security benefits.
- W-2(s) from employer(s)
- W-2G from gambling winnings
- 1099G from unemployment compensation payments
- 1099s: Bank interest, stock dividends, retirement distributions, brokers
- Receipts for deductible expenses including real estate and vehicle taxes paid
- Verification of the original purchase price of sold assets (home, stocks, etc.)
- Receipts/canceled checks if itemizing deductions (e.g., charity contributions)
- Proof of health insurance (Form 1095-A from Health Insurance Marketplace or private plan identification)
- Copy of last year’s federal and state tax return(s), if possible
The Darien Library is at 1441 Post Road.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.