DARIEN, CONN. -- The Darien Senior Program at Mather Center has several free programs coming up in January.
- Thursday, Jan. 21, 1-2 p.m. : Melody Matheny-Orpen, RN BSN of Visiting Nurse and Hospice of Fairfield County, will offer blood pressure screenings. She will be at the center on the third Thursday of every month from 1-2 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 20, 1 p.m. : The Caregivers Educational Support Group is aimed at people who care for a family member or a friend with multiple needs, especially related to cognitive impairments such as Alzheimer’s. For more information, or if you wish to meet before Jan. 20, call Beth Paris at (203) 656-7490.
- Monday, Jan. 4, 11 a.m. : RVNA: Living to 100. Your odds of becoming a centenarian are partly based on your genes, but there are a few helpful habits that you can pick up even if you don’t hit the genetic jackpot. Come and learn the habits with Barbara Newland of the Ridgefield Visiting Nurse Association and maybe you’ll be blowing out 100 candles on your birthday cake!
- Tuesday, Jan. 5, 12:30 p.m .: Art Gottlieb, LCSW, will present a photo tour of the national monuments of Washington D.C.
- Tuesday, Jan. 12, 12:30 p.m. : Professional entertainer Bob Mel will sing and play music. Lunch starts at noon; cost, $4.
The senior center is located a 2 Renshaw Road.
For more information, or to register for a program, call (203) 656-7490.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.