DARIEN, Conn. -- The feelings you get after a workout are some of the best. Knowing that you’ve accomplished another tough workout, pushing yourself to achieve your goals, can make you feel on top of your fitness game.
Getting to the gym, however, is a different battle entirely.
We know, it can be hard to find the motivation to lace up those sneakers and get moving. Luckily, Small Group Personal Training at the Darien Y has the solution for you. When you sign up for Small Group Training with 3-5 friends, you are adding a new dimension to your workout: accountability! When you have a group in your corner, making sure you come to your workouts and give them your all, there is nothing standing in the way of your success! Small Groups are friends helping friends achieve their goals. Keep reading for more reasons Small Group Training can change your fitness experience.
- Convenience : You and your Small Group members will pick a day and time to train that will fit into your schedule.
- Goal or sport specific : At the Y, there are trainers that specialize in marathon and triathlon training, sports performance and conditioning, bodybuilding, boxing, kettlebell training, CrossFit, and more. So, whether you’re training for a half marathon, or just looking to get fit, they’ve got you covered.
- Keeping things fresh : By working with a certified Health and Fitness professional you’ll get variety of workouts that will advance as you and your group progress, which will keep your workouts fresh, and push you to reach new goals.
- Affordable : Small Group Training can cost as little as $35 per session! Need we say more?
- A little extra motivation : Unlike working out on your own, working out with a friend beside you can motivate you to push a little harder, finish that last rep, or even forget the fact that your muscles are shaking while you’re holding a plank.
- Camaraderie : Let’s face it, no one wants to sweat profusely alone. Going through a hard workout with a buddy makes you feel as if you’ve accomplished something together. Plus, they understand the muscle burn, too!
- No Excuses : In Small Group Training, you have a built-in support system. Your commitment to work out with your group adds another level of accountability missing from a solo workout.
Small Group Training adds a new dimension of fun,motivation, results, and support to your fitness.
To find out more about Small Group Training and how to sign up, click here or email Jessica Van Sciver,the Darien Y’s Health and Fitness Director, at Jvansciver@darien-ymca.org