DARIEN, Conn. – Opus for Person-to- Person, which is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year, announced the 25 women selected for its 2016-2017 Board of Directors, along with its fundraising numbers for Person-to- Person.
Since 1996, Opus has raised nearly $3.5 million for Person- to-Person as its only fundraising and awareness arm. This past year alone, Opus raised more than $363,000 for Person-to- Person’s critical programs and services, as well as to fund camp scholarships for children who would not otherwise have the opportunity.
With more than 200 members from Darien and surrounding towns, Opus is a charitable organization whose members support the community by volunteering their time and energy toward fundraising efforts for the Darien and Norwalk-based agency Person-to-Person.
The 2016-2017 Board of Directors includes:
- Co-presidents – Anika Charron, Jennifer Clemow and Lindsay Rogers
- Vice president – Gina Gromelski
- Secretary – Heather Gray
- Treasurers - Bridget Moran and Bridget Wrent
- Alumnae relations - Rebecca Morrison
- Baby basics – Jennifer Antoszewski and Jamie Lombardy
- Board liaison BigGER Rig Gig – Danielle Craig
- Board liaison Spring Benefit – Lisa Bishai
- Board liaison Balloon Day – Jennifer Ward
- Corporate development – Lindsey Carr, Lauren Leahy and Barbara May
- External PR – Stefanie Desai
- Event logistics - Aidan Welsh
- Internal communications – Maggie Anderson
- Membership events – Kelly Clifford, Carol Kennedy and Leslie Lester
- Membership and recruiting - Kathy Calio and Beth Morgan
- New initiatives - Holly Mitchell
“We are thrilled with the incoming board members, many of whom have been involved in Opus for many years,” said Lindsay Rogers, co-president of Opus for Person-to- Person. “One of the goals we have set for this year is to increase awareness of what Opus is and how the work we do helps Person-to-Person support the Darien, Norwalk and Stamford communities.
Opus supports Person-to- Person through fundraising and public awareness with three popular events: the BigGER Rig Gig in September, the annual Spring Gala in April and Balloons for Campers Day in May.
For more information or to become an Opus member, click here .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.