DARIEN, Conn. -- Looking for a unique gift for either yourself or a friend and overwhelmed by Etsy? Darien resident Sue Haxager Kunze, owner of VisibleInterest.com , may have your solution.
Visible Interest is an online hub featuring cherry-picked modern jewelry created by independent jewelry designers vetted for their hip, streamlined aesthetic. The site features both fine and fashion jewelry and all work -- created in North America -- is made by hand or in small batch processes.
Haxager Kunze started the business three and a half years ago after several years of consulting for small independent jewelry designers. "I realized they were struggling to find an online audience and didn't have the time or resources necessary to build significant traffic to their websites," she said.
"My love for modern design lead me to conceive of Visible Interest, an e-commerce site where I could showcase designer’s whose work I adored."
Haxager Kunze does not hold inventory and has the items sold ship directly from the designers.
Her market is modern design lovers who have an affinity for an edgier, clean-lined aesthetic. Demographically, she skews toward a 25 to 44 age mostly female group, though male buyers spike during the holidays.
Here, she offers some of the biggest trends for Spring:
- Statement Earrings: Bigger is better. Long shoulder duster or elaborate designs hold sway this summer. Some examples: Divine Gold Earrings or Labradorite Crescent Earrings.
- Arm Cuffs: Either wide or slender, cuff bracelets were all over the runways for Spring/Summer 2017. Some examples: City Lights Cuff in Silver, Double Diamond Open Cuff Bracelet or the Sterling Silver and Black Oak Cuff Bracelet.
- Ear Cuffs and Ear Crawlers: Usually worn just on one ear, cuffs and climber add another layer of individuality as they are usually worn in tandem with other earrings. Some examples: XL Bar Ear Climber (her best-selling style), Charlotte Ear Wire or Woven Ear Cuff.
- The Metal Choker: The thin ribbon or velvet string choker was huge this Fall. To freshen things up, chain link or sculptural metal chokers are the newer look for Spring. Some examples: Express Choker or Labradorite Choker.
- Rose Gold: This warmer toned metal is big in all categories including housewares, watches and iPhones. Some examples: Abalone Wire Drop Earrings or Rose Gold Three Spikes Ring.
Go to www.visibleinterest.com for more information.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.