DARIEN, Conn. -- The annual Christmas tree pick-up in Darien is underway, but trees may also be taken directly to the Darien Recycling Center.
Look for the sign just after entering the facility. Remember, wreaths and garlands are not compostable due to metal components. Dispose of them in the trash.
The following are a few important reminders in regard to Christmas tree pick-up:
- Christmas Trees must be at the curb by the first morning of the scheduled pick-up.
- Christmas Tree pick-up is conducted on public streets only.
- Residents are asked to refer to a town map to determine their designated area for pick-up.
- The schedule has been rotated from last year.
- Public Works does not have more specific times of pick-up.
- In the event of significant snow accumulation the program may be delayed, please be patient.
- Once collection is complete, trucks will not return until the next scheduled pick-up.
- Christmas wreathes, brush, grass clippings, garbage or other materials with not be collected.
- Christmas Trees with bags, netting, stands, or lights will not be collected.
- Residents with valid RDA stickers may still bring Christmas Trees to the dump.
Collection is on weekdays only.
The Department of Public Works can be contacted at 203-656-7346. It is at 2 Renshaw Road.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.