FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — There are some new faces among Fairfield County's politicians after last week's elections. A car belonging to a missing Danbury woman was found. And a longtime Norwalk resident is tired of joke's at his hometown's expense on a TV show.
ICYMI: Here are the top stories of the past week, from the Daily Voice:
A car belonging to Laelcira DeLima, a 53-year-old Danbury woman who has not been seen since Oct. 20, was found at a diner in Patterson, N.Y . Police have chased down leads and flown a helicopter over wooded areas in search of DeLima. There is no indication of foul play, but police said they don't know for sure.
Norwalk is often the butt of the joke on ABC-TV’s "American Housewife," and Andy Ross, a lifelong Norwalk resident has had enough . "I’m concerned about this kind of slander and degrading of our town – and our students in particular.”
Two Fairfield County women, both mothers of children with sensory issues, were frustrated with the lack of websites featuring products that worked for their kids. So, they created their own. Wolf + Friends is "a modern shopping platform designed to support your child's unique developmental needs" that sells clothes, toys, decor, and furniture.
The Bridgeport Public Schools mourned the death Jordan Soares, a 27-year-old guidance counselor at Claytor Academy and Columbus School. He was killed in a rollover crash on the Merritt Parkway in Stratford.
Many Bridgeport residents — especially those in the Black Rock neighborhood — are over the moon that Food & Wine magazine decided to stop off and write an article about the eclectic food scene in the state's largest city.
Nate Seltzer, a 5-year-old whiz kid from Stratford, is becoming a regular of sorts on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show.” The pint-sized geography expert appeared on the popular talk show again last week to show off his skills.
Shelton’s own Wiffle Ball finally knocked one out of the park, winning a coveted spot in the National Toy Hall of Fame.
Also, in more news, ICYMI: Here are the headlines from the municipal elections:
Greenwich RTM: Von Keyserling Voted Out ; 73 New Members Voted In
Stamford’s First Transgender Lawmaker Elected To Board Of Reps
- Marpe Wins Re-Election As First Selectman In Westport
- Chris Spaulding Scores Landslide Win For Weston First Selectman
- Democrat Tesoro Wins Race For Trumbull First Selectman
- Danbury's Mark Boughton Elected To Ninth Term As Mayor; GOP Keeps Control Of Council
- Democrat Del Monaco Ousts Chapman As New Fairfield First Selectman
- GOP's Ken Kellogg Wins Race For First Selectman In Monroe
- Fairfield Elects A Mix To RTM , Boards of Education, Finance And More
- Republican Tesei Re-Elected As Greenwich First Selectman
- Democrats Win Big In Ridgefield In Tuesday's Election
- Democrat Rilling Re-Elected As Mayor Of Norwalk
- Hoydick Rolls To Victory In Stratford Mayoral Race
- Democratic Challenger Lowe Ousts Cope As First Selectman In Sherman
- Three New Members Elected To Wilton School Board
- Martin Re-Elected As Mayor Of Stamford
- Republican Stevenson Re-Elected As Darien First Selectman
- Democrat Steve Dunn Re-Elected As Brookfield's First Selectman
- Democrat Rosenthal To Replace Llodra As Newtown's First Selectman
- Republican Moynihan Wins New Canaan First Selectman Seat
- Republican Mayor Lauretti Cruises To Record 14th Term In Shelton
- Democrat Knickerbocker Wins Fifth Term As First Selectman In Bethel
- Running Unopposed, Dunsby Wins Another Term In Easton
Democrats Win 3 Seats On Redding's Board Of Finance
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.