DARIEN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Darien last week:
- Marisol Garcia, 37, of Norwalk was arrested on charges of stealing more than $37,000 from a Darien doctor's office where she worked.
- The Darien Chamber of Commerce is preparing for its 10th annual Wine Tasting and Auction , to be held on Thursday, Oct. 23, at BMW of Darien.
- Two hospitals in different parts of Connecticut are reporting clusters of severe respiratory illness among young children that could be due to enterovirus D68, or EV-D68. The federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed the first case of the severe respiratory infection enterovirus D68 involving a Connecticut child treated at Yale-New Haven Hospital.
- Despite several reports of doom and gloom about the upcoming winter for Fairfield County , the National Weather Service is forecasting average temperatures and precipitation for the season.
- Richard T. Ross of Killingworth, a former longtime resident of Darien, died at the age of 57.
- Six Darien High School seniors have been named National Merit semifinalists .
- The Darien Fire Department went all in when its members accepted the ALS ice bucket challenge.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.