DARIEN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Darien this week:
- Dale Edward Miller, resident of Darien and Head of Private Banking Americas, died at age of 47.
- Darien’s restaurateur Lynn Gagliardi, offers helping hands to an orphanage for the severely disabled in Vietnam.
- Icy conditions caused six injuries in a 27-car pileup in Greenwich, leading to a nearly three-hour closure of Interstate 95.
- Two Darien girls Lily Hudson and Ivey Rao, helped synchronized skating for the Skyliners Beginner team that won a gold medal at the Terry Conners Synchronized Skating Open in Stamford.
- A group of suspects accused of stealing eight luxury cars from BMW of Darien in the summer of 2012, were arrested in New York.
One lucky ticket was sold somewhere in Fairfield County that matched the first 5 numbers drawn for the Mega Millions game’s $1 million prize.